1972 Holden lj Torana GTR XU-1

Thought I might try this. For those that arnt from Australia or New Zealand, this was a small performance car built by holden in the early 70s. It had a 202 cubic inch straight six motor with triple carbs and 4 speed gearbox. In 1972 it won bathurst ahead of the much more powerful but heavier 351 ford falcons. These original xu-1sare now quite rare and pull huge money.

Attachments

Prykie

Ahh damn you Chris...this was going to be my next Aussie car to model after my EH.
Looks like you've got off to an awesome start. Always loved the LJ's

Thanks guys.

Prykie. Dont let me doing this thing stop you doing one too. Would love to see an LJ done to the same level as your EH.

Bit of an update. I've got some weird stuff going on around the front indicators which will need to be sorted.

Attachments

Prykie

lol cheers mate, I cant even finish my EH let alone an LJ :D
Looking pretty nice so far mate, any chance of a wire or 2?

Prykie

Looking nice mate, as you said you have a little bump under the handle. But everything else is looking pretty smooth!

Prykie

Looking really sweet mate!

I've found the best way to cut out small things like the door handles is to smooth the mesh with 1 iteration, collapse it and then cut out the hole, it keeps the shape of the mesh nice and smooth then.

Prykie

Hey Chris, this is looking pretty awesome. I was comment on the front corners of the car, but IC beat me too it, they just need to be a bit rounder. Everything else it looking great!